During the restoration, the more detailed inspection of the Ceiling of the main Vestibule was possible. It is located on the 3rd floor of the Museum building , constructed by architect Wilhelm Neumann in 1903-1905.
The ceiling of the Hall has been made as a shell structure, being suspended to the wooden structure of the cupola. The suspension ties hold the structural base – grid of the bars, to whom the plaster net has been attached. From below to the ned the 7..8cm thick lime – sand plaster has been attached. This is the material, forming the plafond of the ceiling as well as the profiles and relief decoration. Such a construction allow for being made without (?) the moulding; this is also indicated by the placement of the grid in the upper – less tensioned part – of the plaster layer.
This post is also available in: LV